Nov 12 will see mass mobilisations across the country and put thousands of people on the streets to demand Climate Justice in solidarity with the Global Day of Action called by Egyptian groups at COP27. From the cost of living crisis, to floods in Pakistan and Shell’s criminal profits – we will come together as one movement to demand justice. Find your local protest:
- LONDON – Shell Building, Belvedere rd 12:00
- EDINBURGH – St Andrew Sq 12:00
- NEWCASTLE – Grey’s Monument 12:00
- BIRMINGHAM – Victoria Sq 14:00
- SHEFFIELD – Barkers Pool 12:00
- BLACKPOOL – Blackpool Tower 12:00
- MANCHESTER – Coaches to Blackpool
- COVENTRY – Council House 13:30
- BRISTOL – College Green 12:00
- PLYMOUTH – Guildhall Sq 12:00
- SOUTHAMPTON – Guildhall Sq 12:45
- PORTSMOUTH – Guildhall Sq 12:00
- CARDIFF – Cardiff Crown Court 11:00
- SWANSEA – Castle Square 12:00
- CARMARTHEN – Carmarthen Park 12:30
- CAERNARFON – Castle Square 13:00
- EASTBOURNE – Train to London Demo
- NOTTINGHAM – Trinity Square 11:00
- TELFORD – Dale End Ironbridge 10:45
- STRATFORD-UPON-AVON – Henley Street 13:30
- BOURNEMOUTH – Bournemouth Pier 12:00
- BATH – Kingston Parade 12:00
- LEICESTER – Clock Tower 14:00
- LOWESTOFT – Britten Centre 12:00
- NORWICH – City Hall 12:00
- OXFORD – Cornmarket 12:00
- WIMBORNE – Central Wimborne 10:00
- ALTON – Alton Public Gardens 11:00
- BELFAST – organised by CJC Belfast
- COVENTRY – Council House 13:30
- INVERNESS – Falcon Square 12:00
- DERRY & DUBLIN – organised by CJC Ireland
- LEAMINGTON SPA – Pump Room Gardens 12:00
- MAIDSTONE – 33 Tonbridge Road 12:30
- MARKET DRAYTON – High Street 12:00
- STAMFORD – Sheepmarket 11.30
- MARKET HARBOROUGH – Old Grammar School 13:00
- BRIGHTON – Churchill Square 12:00
- SHROPSHIRE – High St, Market Drayton 12:00
- STROUD – Wall Bridge Green 11:00
- LINCOLN – Cornhill Quarter, Sincil Street 11:00
- ISLE OF ARRAN – Library Car Park, Brodic 11:30
Organise together: find and contact your Local Hub here.
Join and support regional and national demos near you, or organise activities in your area. Have a look at our Action Resource Pack, and find your Local Hub here. Let us know if your planning something: info[@]climatejustice.uk
Help build the mobilisations! Reach out to groups in your networks, and promote via social media and email. Find graphics, messaging, and social media templates in our Comms Pack.
Read the full messaging guide here.
Global temperatures, rising. Energy bills, rising. Billionaire profits, rising. While people are being forced to choose between heating and eating, energy companies are making record-breaking profits.
From bailouts to big business, ramping up more deadly fossil fuels to trashing nature and cutting our wages the Government is refusing to listen. Their policies both here and globally are causing devastation with working people and people of colour – who have contributed the least to the problem – paying the price with killer famines, floods, crop failures, fires and rising poverty.
To stop this crisis we need action that cuts carbon, tackles inequality and ends the injustices baked into our world.
This year world leaders will meet in Egypt for COP27 and African movements have called for a Global Day of Action for climate justice. Communities in the global south need urgent climate finance and reparations for the loss and damages that have caused mass destruction of lives and livelihoods. The UK government must stop its climate wrecking plans and implement real climate solutions that solve both the climate and cost of living crisis and ensure that everyone has a right to live with dignity.
We recognise the human rights abuses being committed by the Egyptian government and stand in solidarity with efforts to free political prisoners and end ongoing repression.
Justice won’t be handed to us by world leaders or delivered by corporations. We need to organise in our communities and ensure that not only is no one is cold or hungry this winter but that we stop the headlong rush into climate catastrophe. Get organised and build support for Nov 12.
- Sign & share the Egyptian Human Rights Coalition COP27 petition demanding the opening up of civic space in Egypt, and the immediate and unconditional release of political prisoners.
- The Africa Peoples Counter COP is being organised from 17-21 October, with hybrid events and decentralised actions.
- Support the campaign to free Alaa Abd El Fattah – visit www.freealaa.net and send a letter to your MP, and follow @FreedomForAlaa to look out for upcoming actions.
- Egypt Solidarity COP27 Resources and Toolkit: https://egyptsolidarityinitiative.org/cop27toolkit/
- Find out about the global fight for Climate Justice in Egypt this year at COP27: https://www.cop27coalition.org/.
- No Climate Justice without open civic space: https://copcivicspace.net/
Nov 12 Mass Mobilisations for Justice are supported by
The Climate Justice Coalition
Climate Justice Coalition Ireland
Stop Climate Chaos Scotland
The Climate Coalition
War on Want
Friends of the Earth Scotland
Friends of the Earth ENWI
Extinction Rebellion Scotland
Global Justice Now
Tipping Point UK
Public and Commercial Services Union
Campaign Against Climate Change
Land Workers Alliance
Faith For The Climate
London Mining Network
Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers
Palestine Solidarity Campaign
Extinction Rebellion Deep Water
No Borders in Climate Justice
Climate Reality Europe
Quakers in Britain