People's Summit
For Climate

7-10 Nov

While world leaders meet to discuss our future at COP26, we'll be building power for system change together. Bringing together the climate justice movement to discuss, learn and strategise for system change. Join in online from anywhere in the world, or in-person in Glasgow.

You do not need to register for a ticket or a COVID registration wristband at the Sauchiehall Street hub for events at Deep End, GalGael and Landing Hub. You will still need to show a negative lateral flow test confirmation on entrance to get a wristband and venue capacity still apply.

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Zero waste for zero warming


Around the world, zero waste implementation is showing that this is a waste management approach with the potential to significantly reduce greenhouse emissions with its proven ability to divert as much as 85% of all waste from disposal and openly call for upstream solutions to the other 15%. This panel will consist of waste pickers cooperatives and other implementers of zero waste projects in key cities in the Global South explaining how they are advancing people-centred zero waste solutions to contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation.

Contributors: Moderator: Cecilia Allen, Zero Waste Cities Coordinator (GAIA).Speakers:Clauber Leite, Sao Paulo Composts, Cultivates campaign and Brazilian Zero Waste Alliance, based in Sao Paulo (Brazil) Ana La Rocha, Director of Nipe Fagio, based in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania);Krishna, Dry Waste Collection Center Operator, Hasiru Dala, based in Bengaluru (India);Rina Begum, Bangladeshi Waste-pickers Union based in Dhaka (Bangladesh);Shyra Bano, Safai Sena, based in New Delhi (India).



November 10, 2021
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC+0
Event Tags:


In Person or Digital
English, Spanish, Portuguese

Keep up to date

Sign up to the newsletter for the latest climate justice news and ways to get involved.